This recipe is credited to Sherry Gedman.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ red onion, minced (about ½ cups)
- 2 T. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 T. fresh lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 to 2 serrano chilies, stems and seeds removed, minced
- Dash of freshly grated black pepper
- ½ ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
Cut avocados in half. Remove seeds. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more. Add chili peppers a little bit at a time and taste for desired degree of heat. Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole until ready to serve. Just prior to serving, stir in tomatoes.
CoachUp is the safest and easiest way to find a coach for personalized training. With our 100% money-back guarantee and vetted coaches, anyone can achieve their full athletic potential. Find your perfect coach today and become the athlete you want to be!