Have a question or problem? We're here to assist you. Browse through some of our frequently asked questions (FAQ) for quick answers; send us a message via the form below; or call us at (888) 680-4750 and we’ll be more than happy to answer any questions.
At CoachUp we work around the clock to help connect private coaches with athletes. Here are some of our more frequently asked questions and the quick, straight to the point, answers.
See all FAQ
How does CoachUp work?
CoachUp is service that connects athletes with private coaches. We believe that private coaching is the secret to reaching the next level in sports + life.
We are the nation's leader in private sports coaching, with thousands of coaches on our site in every sport and in every state across the U.S. We are a company founded and run bactive athletes and coaches. Our founders recognized the need for a site where athletes can find private coaches to help them reach the next level, and where great coaches can connecwith motivated and hard-working athletes.
To navigate our site, search for coaches in your area (using your zip code or city and state) and filter the results to your sport. From there, you can sort by distance, price, orecommendation, and then view the resulting coach profiles to see which coach would be the best fit for you.
- If there is one coach you'd like to get started with, go ahead and click to book sessions with the coach. Select how many sessions you would like to start with. Once thsession-booking process is completed, your contact information will be sent to the coach and the coach will reach out to you to set up the sessions. If the coach you've chosen doenot work out to be a good fit for you, or if you are not fully satisfied, we will work with you to find another coach and transfer your payment to him/her; or, if you prefer, we wilrefund your payment in full.
- If you are choosing among multiple coaches in your area, or you would like additional information before booking, feel free to send them a message through the "Contact Coachbutton on their profiles. That message will be e-mailed to them and their responses will be e-mailed back to you.
- If there are no coaches in your area that you are interested in for private training, please leave your contact information with us and our Concierge Service will look for coach for you for free. We will then notify you when we find a qualified coach who meets your requirements.
* You will be prompted to create an account with us for any of the above, which will require only your name, e-mail address, and password.
To apply to be a CoachUp coach, feel free to check out our article on becoming a CoachUp coach →
Are coaching sessions covered by insurance?
We are proud to announce that all coaching sessions booked through CoachUp now include liability protection insurance for up to $100,000 at absolutely no cost to the coach or theathlete. This coverage provides full protection for any accidental athlete injuries and accidental facility damage that occurs during a training session.
This type of insurance would normally cost a coach upwards of $200 per year, but we're giving it to the CoachUp community at absolutely zero cost. The only requirement for a session tobe covered by our insurance policy is that the session must be booked through CoachUp.
What are CoachUp's core beliefs?
Our vision is to help kids change the trajectory of their lives through sports.
- We believe that private coaching is the secret to reaching the next level in sports + life.
- We believe that participation in sports makes fundamental, life-enhancing contributions to a person's physical, mental, and social development.
- We believe that giving back to athletes as a private coach, and serving as a positive role model to them, is an extraordinarily rewarding experience and a great way to share the sport you love.
Is CoachUp international?
Not right now, but we plan to be.
At present, CoachUp serves the U.S. market, so only U.S.-based coaches may register for profiles on the site. We will expand to other markets in the future, so if you are a coach in Canada, Latin America or Europe, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, and we will be in touch when we come to your country. In the meantime, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter, so you can stay up to date on our progress
Why is it important to book through CoachUp?
It is our policy that all coaching sessions must be booked through CoachUp. Therefore, we do not allow the exchange of contact information before a coaching session is booked. Once coaching sessions are booked, the coach will automatically receive the athlete's full contact information and the athlete will automatically receive the coach's contact information.
We are a company started by athletes and coaches. Having our clients book through CoachUp allows us to stay in business and continue our important work of supporting athletes and coaches, while giving back to the less fortunate through CoachUp Cares. But there are also many benefits to booking through CoachUp for both athletes and the coaches.
For Our Athletes:
For Our Coaches:
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Live support 7 days/week
- Feedback from your coach after every session
- Secure, non-awkward payments via all major credit cards
- $100k Liability Insurance coverage
- Earn Coach Score points, unlock rewards, rise in search results and get more clients
- Liability waiver + $100k insurance coverage on all sessions
- Secure, non-awkward payment via all major credit cards
- Automated Direct Deposit (ACH) - no more bank trips
- CoachUp Dashboard to schedule, track & manage sessions - no more notebooks
*Every CoachUp session and positive review increases the coach's Coach Score on CoachUp.*
Give us a call / visit us
Call us at (888) 680-4750
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST
355 Congress St., 2nd Floor.
Boston MA, 02210