If you are interested in playing sports in college (even collegiate cheerleading!) a recruiting video is a must, but getting a professional video produced can be pricey. SportsMOM recently shared tips and tricks to create a video to highlight your talents at home. Below are 9 points to remember when putting a video together. Above all else, don’t let distractions like graphics and music take away from showcasing what you can do!
- Start with your best stuff
- Keep your video to no longer than 7 minutes
- Do something to make yourself stand out
- Edit your video yourself
- Don’t add music to your highlights
- Use spot shadows or arrows
- Add graphic at beginning and end
- Post your video online
- Create a website
Need a little extra coaching to wow recruiters this season? We’ve got you covered. For more information on what it takes to play sports in college read our recent blog post
. We’ve also shared myths about playing sports
in college to help give you a realistic idea of what you are about to encounter.