Looking for additional ways to find new clients? Building a craigslist ad for your coaching services is a quick and easy way to get more job leads. Creating a personal ad is easy, just follow these short steps and you'll be on your way to booking more training sessions in no time.
Step 1: Create a Craigslist account
* NOTE: If you already have an account, you can skip this step
- You must have a Craigslist account to post an ad (it's free!).
- You will then need to access your email to click on the verification link sent to you by Craigslist.
- Once you click on this link from your email, you will be brought to a page where you will set up your password for the account.
- Once you've agreed to the terms, you'll be ready to post ads.
Step 2: Create a new post on Craigslist
- Visit your Craigslist account page, and if necessary, sign in using your email address and password.
- At the top of the page to the right, you will see a drop down menu that says “new posting in.” Select the city you live in (or near) and click on the “go” button.
- On the next page, you will choose the type of posting. Select “service offered” and wait for the next page to load.
- Now choose “lessons & tutoring.”
- On the next page you will choose an area to post your ad – select the area that best represents where you coach.*
* NOTE: Some smaller cities on Craigslist do not require you to choose a specific area, so you may skip this step depending on where you are posting.
Step 3: Complete and submit your post
- You will then reach the page where you can enter your ad content. First, enter your posting title and specific location.
- SUGGESTED POST TITLE: "Private [your sport] sessions with experienced coach."
- Create the text for the body of the ad, and follow the instructions on Craigslist if you would like to add images. Your ad should include information about you, a link to your CoachUp profile and your promo code.
- You can find your link and promo code in your coach dashboard by clicking the "Invite New Clients" button. Include your coach promo, and CoachUp will waive the Finder's Fee for the coach and client.
* IMPORTANT: Be sure to select “no replies to this email.” Selecting this option will ensure that your email address remains hidden, which will protect you from malicious solicitations and spammers. In order to protect your safety and privacy, please make sure that you are not including your direct contact information in your ad.
- You will be able to see a preview of your ad before posting it. If everything looks correct, click “publish.” If you need to make changes to your ad, click “edit text.”
- Once you have submitted your ad, you will receive an email from Craigslist with the subject line POST/EDIT/DELETE: [your ad title].
- Follow the link in the email and click the option to "publish" your ad.
* NOTE: You may post to more than one category if you wish, so feel free to experiment with others!
* BE AWARE: If you post too often, your ads might be ghosted or flagged (meaning no one will see them). We recommend waiting 48 hours between postings.
Need some inspiration? Here's a great example of a Craigslist ad by Coach Phil.