Ready to warm up from the winter weather? Try this light, healthy, and protein-packed turkey chili that the whole family will love!
This recipe is credited to Sherry Gedman
- Olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 lg. green pepper, chopped
- 1 (20 oz.) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (20 oz.) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole tomatoes, broken into pieces
- 8 oz. can tomato paste
- ½ bag frozen corn, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté turkey, celery, onion, garlic and green pepper in small amount of olive oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour (You can squeeze the tomatoes in my hand over the pot; just be careful, the can squirt all over the place). Adjust seasonings. May be served over rice or by itself. Top with grated Mexican cheddar cheese, sour cream or toppings of your choice.
CoachUp is the safest and easiest way to find a coach for personalized training. With our 100% money-back guarantee and vetted coaches, anyone can achieve their full athletic potential. Find your perfect coach today and become the athlete you want to be!