New week, new you! To help shake off your case of the Mondays, we're back with another Drill of the Week as we take a look at a tough conditioning challenge. For any athlete out there looking to improve their endurance, strength, and determination, then the Four Corner Circuit is a perfect fit. However, soccer and football players will reap the most benefits of this drill and raise their game to another level. Even better, all you'll need are four cones and some self-motivation!
- Take your cones and create a 20 yard by 20 yard square and line up at cone one.
- Whenever you're ready, do ten crunches, get up, and do the Karaoke over to cone two.
- Once you arrive, do ten push-ups, get up, and shuffle towards cone three.
- At cone three, drop down and do ten mountain climbers, get up, and backpedal to cone four.
- Finally, finish the circuit strong by busting out ten burpees, popping up, and then sprinting as hard as possible back to the starting position.
This conditioning exercise is grueling, but it will make you stronger, faster, and more explosive in the long run. After a set, take a one minute break and then go through the circuit again. Try pushing yourself for four total circuits, even if you're feeling the burn. Additionally, the Four Corner Circuit is great because of the flexibility it offers you. If you're adventurous, try adding these exercises into the mix as well:
- Bear crawl
- Crab walk
- Butt kicks
- High knees
At each cone:
- Jumping jacks
- Fast feet
Try swapping in exercises of your choosing for an added challenge! Ultimately, the Four Corner Circuit tests your athletic ability over and over during short bursts of time. It will also become painfully obvious which areas need extra work, so stay focused and keep working hard. Aside from the physical benefits, a drill like this will help you become mentally tough as you must push through the pain and finish each set strong. It may seem difficult now, but you'll be in better shape than your opponent during the fourth quarter next time around!
If you’re still working towards your best season yet, head over to our training center for even more resources, drills, and strategies. Check it out over here!