Detoxification is the process of eliminating toxic substances from your body. Before beginning any detox method, it’s always good to check with your doctor, especially if there are any health concerns.
Detox drinks could be very beneficial towards your body. They give your organs (the liver and kidneys) some extra help when it comes to eliminating toxic substances and free radicals. First, we have to understand the definition of toxins (toxic substances) and how detrimental they are to the human body. (A mini lesson below):
The Merriam-Webster definition of the word "toxin" states:
“A toxin is a poisonous substance that is a specific product of the metabolic activities of a living organism and is usually very unstable, notably toxic when introduced into the tissues, and typically capable of inducing antibody formation.”
When toxins/free radicals build up in excess (to become deposits), they can become very detrimental to the body & can cause (just to name a few but not limited to):
- Blurred Vision
- Memory Loss
- Unexplained Weight Loss
- Back Pain
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Joint Inflammation
- Acid Reflux
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Since toxins are literally everywhere we go, we can not completely get rid of toxins.
However, the good news is, we can possibly reduce the exposure to toxicity.
Detoxing counteracts toxicity. So, we have hope in the battle with toxic substances. Detox drinks aid in helping the liver and kidneys prevent an imbalance or overload of toxicity. Here's an example (& its ingredients) of a detox drink below:
I call this one the "Spicy Sweet Tart Tea":
- 6 oz of water
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of raw & unfiltered honey
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon or ginger
- 1/2 tbsp of ground mint leaves
1. Water: Water is the most important thing you can put into your body and you always will need it - it increases energy, relieves fatigue, flushes out toxins, promotes weight loss, improves skin complexity, boost immune system, promotes regularity, & allows you to SAVE money...and these are just some of the benefits of drinking water.
2. Ground Cinnamon: helps manage Type 2 diabetes, can help lower bad cholesterol (LDL), may have anti-carcinogenic properties (prevent or slow down growth of cancer cells), & it has a high concentration of antioxidants.
3. Ginger: assists your body in absorbing the things it needs most & aids in preventing bloating.
4. Cayenne Pepper: helps speed up the metabolism, helps the body lose weight, & increase flow of food digestion - aid in preventing bloating/constipation
5. Raw/Unfiltered Honey: filled with antioxidants & aids in healthy weight management
6. Apple Cider Vinegar: helps reduce acid reflux, lowers blood pressure, improves diabetes, & support weight loss
7. Ground Mint Leaves: enhance the flow of bile (#2), calm muscles that allow gas to pass, relax the muscles of the stomach, & assists in irritable bowel syndrome
Once you read this please try to leave feedback in the "Leave A Reply" section below. We really want to hear (& possibly reply to) your opinions, questions, comments, & concerns. Thank you! We appreciate you!
CoachUp is the safest and easiest way to find a coach for personalized training. With our 100% money-back guarantee and vetted coaches, anyone can achieve their full athletic potential. Find your perfect coach today and become the athlete you want to be!