Proven to show dramatic results, 1-on-1 and small group training is the best way to reach your goals and get to the next level, and picking the right private coach is key to getting those results.
Finding the right private coach can feel like a daunting task, but here are a few helpful tips to help you get started and be on your way to improvement.
(Hint: Our Support Team is always ready to help find the right coach for you.)
1. Identify your goals
It’s important to identify your goals up front so you find a coach that is the right fit. Here are a few questions to get you thinking:
- Are you looking to make the team or play in college?
- Are you looking to introduce a sport to your child?
- Do you want to explore a new workout?
- Do you want to lose weight or build strength?
- Do you want to strengthen specific skills?
2. Know your needs
Next, you need to identify your coaching criteria. Some things to consider:
- How much are you willing to spend?
- How frequently do you want to train?
- Will you train in a group or alone, or a mix of both?
- How far are you willing travel?
- Where will you train, indoors, outdoors, etc?
- What specialties or experience do you need in a coach?
3. Search for coaches
CoachUp makes it easy to find a coach. Just enter your city and sport, and we’ll bring up qualified coaches that match your needs. You’ll be able to review each coach’s profile and determine who best fits your needs. All coaches have passed a thorough application process and CoachUp Safety Check so you can be assured you’re working with the best.
4. Message your shortlist of coaches
Once you’ve found a few great coaches feel free to message them directly to ask questions about their expertise, coaching philosophy or training details. Coaches typically reply within 24-48 hours. If you don’t have any questions, you can go ahead and book directly.
Here's a list of questions that many new clients ask when reaching out to a coach:
- Where do you train athletes?
- Is there an extra cost facilities or is that baked into your session rate?
- When are you able to meet for coaching?
- What positions or technique are you best able to coach?
- What equipment do I need to bring to my first session?
- Are you able to offer me a discount if I purchase a multiple session package?
5. Book a session
Found your perfect coach? You can book sessions directly from their profile page and even save when booking multi-session packages! Not only is your payment safe and secure, but every CoachUp booking is covered by our $100K liability waiver and 100% money-back guarantee. If you’re not happy with your session or your coach moves away, we’ve got your back.
We know safety is a top concern for parents. CoachUp requires every coach on our platform to pass a background check process, ensuring that CoachUp is a safe and secure marketplace.
We always recommend that you meet your child’s coach at the first training session and consider attending part or all of the session before leaving your child alone with someone new.
6. Achieve your goals!
After your first session, provide feedback to your coach about your experience by writing a coach review and read your coach’s notes on your session. PS: Be sure to always book your next session through CoachUp, so you’re covered by our money-back guarantee and liability insurance!
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about CoachUp and booking the perfect private coach.
CoachUp is the safest and easiest way to find a coach for personalized training. With our 100% money-back guarantee and vetted coaches, anyone can achieve their full athletic potential. Find your perfect coach today and become the athlete you want to be!