What is CoachUp?
CoachUp is a service that connects athletes with private sports coaches for one-on-one and small group training. Our mission is to help athletes reach the next level in sports + life.
With over 12,000 coaches in over 30 sports, from basketball to yoga, CoachUp is the nation’s leading private coaching company. CoachUp was founded by Jordan Fliegel, Arian Radmand and Gabe Durazo. The company headquarters is located in the Innovation District of Boston, Massachusetts.
Follow us on social media:
CoachUp is a service that connects athletes with private coaches. Our mission is to help athletes reach the next level in sports + life.
As the nation's leading private coaching company, CoachUp has over 13,000 coaches across the country, in everything from basketball and soccer, to fitness and dance. CoachUp helps athletes find the perfect coach, and helps them get the most out of their ongoing training. CoachUp coaches rely on CoachUp to build their web presence, market their services, and manage their business. We are a community inspired by passion, big dreams, hard work, and a love of coaching.
CoachUp was founded by Jordan Fliegel, whose life was changed when his father enlisted the help of a private coach to help him improve in basketball as a teenager. Fliegel credits private coaching for his successful academic and basketball career at Bowdoin College, and for his professional basketball career that followed. Fliegel later became a private coach to have a similar impact on young athletes, and founded CoachUp to bring high-quality coaching to athletes across the country.
- Jordan Fliegel founded CoachUp with Arian Radmand and Gabe Durazo in 2012.
- More than 13,000 coaches use CoachUp to manage their private coaching business.
- Over 100,000 athletes have used CoachUp to connect and work with a private coach.
- CoachUp raised $2.7 million in a seed round led by General Catalyst in 2012.
- CoachUp raised $6.7 million in a Series A round co-led by General Catalyst and Point Judith Capital.
- CoachUp vets all coaches for necessary coaching experience.
- CoachUp requires every coach to pass a Sex Offender screening.
- CoachUp allows athletes to run additional background checks on coaches, at any time.
- CoachUp provides $1 million liability insurance on all coaching sessions.
- CoachUp upholds a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Top 5 Cities based on number of training sessions:
Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago.
- Average cost of a session is $40-$60 per hour.
- Top Sports by training session:
Basketball, Soccer, Football, Baseball, Running/Track and Field, Volleyball, Swimming, Softball, Tennis, Lacrosse.
- 2014 Boston Business Journal "40 under 40" - Jordan Fliegel
- 2014 Forbes "30 under 30" (sports) - Arian Radmand
- 2014 Boston Business Journal's Healthiest Employer
- 2014 Best Mobile App User Interface - Health & Fitness (Best Mobile App Awards)
- 2014 Boston Innovation "50 on Fire" Nominee
CoachUp is spelled as one word, with a capital "C" and "U". The following are common misspellings of our company's name; "Coach Up", "Coachup", "coachup".