(After Intro and Form & Gait Paks are completed. Focus is on linear SPEED and QUICKNESS, not sport-specific agility or position skills.)
Every workout has a personalized/athlete-centric focus based on your UNIQUE developmental needs and goals. With those guideposts in mind, below is a GENERAL outline of a typical workout:
1. Discussion: Athlete Status Check, Session Goals
3. Stretching: Dynamic & Static(lite)
4. Drills: Form/Technique & Speed
6. Workout: Event, Distance or Race Specific
9. Stretching: Problem Areas, Static (If Needed.)
10. Discussion: Key Session Takeaways, Training: Guidelines/Goals, Tips & Advice
Specialized Equipment May Include:
Video Analysis(iPad w/ Digi-pen): form, gait, foot-strike; Garmin Run-HRM biometric data tools; Speed Ladders, Speed Sack/Harness/Sled, Plyometric/Jump Box, Wicket Hurdles: gait/form; Leg-Drive Resistance Bands, Multi-Cones: form/speed runs; Starts/burst speed/1-2 step, Hurdles: Drills/Stretches (for hip strength, quicker leg turnover, and increased stride length, POC over COM); and more...
60 or 90-minutes.
1. Adequate warm-up/warm-down for injury prevention and to initiate the recovery process.
2. Proper drills to optimize form/gait, cardio fitness, and speed/strength development.
3. Athlete-specific (1-on-1) coaching to maximize your training benefits w/ customized key workouts (cardio, speed/agility, strength/flexibility) to achieve your performance goals.
4. Our purpose together is to do the LEAST amount of work necessary to achieve your goal. We train consistently SMART, not constantly hard.
*** 24-hr. notice is required for session cancellation. Unused session-hours expire after 90-days. ***
SCHEDULING Your SESSIONS:
Outlined below are the steps to reserve coaching sessions with FGS Coaching. Key factors that add to the complexity of scheduling are: limited access to public tracks/turf fields, changing weather forecasts, and high seasonal demand for FGS Coaching services. Together, your #1 goal is to get your sessions reserved as soon as convenient for you!
An Important “DON’T”-- to Save You Time:
- Please Do NOT use the CoachUp Calendar/Online Scheduling Tool to request your session. It currently does not have a multi-source functionality, so it’s not updated to reflect all my session requests.
REQUESTING A SESSION:
Just reply to the “Coach Frank’s Availability” message sent to you each MONDAY. (You can click on the embedded link in the message to reply.) It outlines the POSSIBLE days and sites/tracks for the upcoming week. Please read the ENTIRE message each week-- it may include changes/opportunities that impact your training success. (*** This message may be delayed if School Admins are slow to reply w/ track availability update for the week. ***)
Wednesday - Sunday: 9A – 5P (Start times.)
Monday - Tuesday: N/A. (Replies to messages may be delayed.)
Are generally reserved "FIRST REQUESTED / FIRST RESERVED”… then BOOKED based on site availability and client demand for that day. (See below.) Your session is officially booked when you receive a “Confirmation” message w/ session logistics from CoachUp and/or Coach Frank. So the sooner you request a session-- and the quicker you reply to follow-up scheduling inquiries from your coach-- the more likely you’ll get your preferred time/day/site. (We are typically 100% booked by Tuesday evening for SA/SU slots.)
INCLUDE IN YOUR REQUEST:
Your preferred training TIME, DAY, and SITE-- from the options outlined in the Coaching Availability Message. (If your availability is flexible-- pls. provide additional time, day, location options that will work for you.)
FINAL COACHING SITE(s):
Are based on the site the majority of clients requested for that day-- or are clustered geographically. (I’m not able to travel between locations on high demand days.)
CURRENT WEEK ONLY:
Sessions can only be requested for the CURRENT week, W-SU. We have to work within track/turf availability that isn’t finalized until M-TU (week of) by school admins.
- Wednesday Sessions: confirmed on TUESDAY.
- Thursday - Sunday Sessions: confirmed on WEDNESDAY.
EXPIRATION & CANCELLATION: Sessions
To ensure you and your FGS Coaching teammates have equal/fair access to coaching:
- Sessions expire 90-days after purchase. (Reviews cannot be submitted for expired/cancelled/unused sessions or paks.)
- 24-hour advance notice is required to cancel a session without incurring full fee.
>>> CONSISTENCY in applying your expanding knowledge base and practicing your improving training skill set are keys to your athletic success! <<<
THANK YOU… for reading this entire “Scheduling” message. It’s a dynamic challenge each week. We appreciate your patience and being a supportive FGS Coaching teammate.
Looking forward to working with you on your quest to achieve your athletic goals!