Instruction for boys/men only, at this time. Depending upon the needs and wishes of the athlete(s)/parent(s), sessions may emphasize fundamental development, position-specific skills, and techniques, as well as incorporating team concepts and schemes. Drills and exercises that improve the athlete's agility, speed, strength, and flexibility can also be used. Video may be utilized as well.
***Below are some important things for you to consider before you purchase a session or a package of sessions***
1) More often than not, sessions are held in the client's yard but a nearby field or park can work as well. I will travel within a 20-minute radius of my home in the town of Bristol for no additional charge. However, a "travel fee" (paid separately per session) of $5-$25 may apply depending upon drive time, up to 45 minutes away. (21-25 min. = $5; 26-30 min. = $10; 31-35 min. = $15; 36-40 min. = $20; 41-45 min. = $25. For example, when I train someone in Victor there’s no charge but when I do so in Webster, it would be an extra $25). To minimize or eliminate this additional cost we can try to find a location somewhere in-between.
2) The weather is always a factor and I don't have an indoor facility for training. Over the years I have found that wet or snowy conditions or if the temperature is below 40 degrees are not conducive to learning in a 1-on-1 setting. This limits training opportunities in the winter. However, I will gladly conduct sessions at any of the local indoor facilities if you are able to rent the space (Regional Sports Center NY, Total Sports Experience, Pinnacle Athletic Campus, Turf Time, Brighton Sports Zone, Rochester Sports Garden, etc.). *Note: When scheduling outdoor sessions, we should consider the forecast and understand that we might have to reschedule due to inclement weather.
3) I can usually be available for sessions on most weekends or weekday afternoons, as long as I can get them on to my calendar ahead of time. Once you purchase a session/package, we will communicate directly for scheduling.
4) I train individuals and groups. Packages of multiple sessions are available at discounted rates and if you book a session as a group, the price per athlete goes down the more athletes are trained. If you buy a package you can break up the sessions any way you like. They don't expire and I only get paid after each session is completed. If for some reason, pre-paid sessions go unused, refunds can be provided by contacting CoachUp directly.
5) Thorough Post-Session Evaluations/Reviews are available at an additional cost of $20/session. Let me know if that is something you are interested in.
6) When you make your initial inquiry, please include the answers to the following questions:
-How long has your son been playing & what is his skill level?
-What position(s) does he play?
-How would you rate his stick skills relative to his teammates?
-What would you consider to be his strengths and weaknesses?
-What do you hope to specifically gain from 1-on-1 training?
-What town do you live in?
-How soon would you like to begin?
-How often each week would you like for your son to receive lessons?
-What days & times work best for you?
Feel free to let me know if you have any questions of your own.
Thank you for reaching out through CoachUp!
*Note: will need to follow NYS guidelines for precautions due to COVID-19. (https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/SportsAndRecreationMasterGuidance.pdf)
-We'll need to maintain social distancing, as much as possible.
-No physical contact is permitted.
-Your son & I will need to have masks for the brief closeup interactions/demonstrations.
-Bring your own equipment and no sharing of equipment (sticks, gloves, pads, etc.)
-I will supply the balls and other training aids.
-Each of us should bring hand sanitizer.
-Reschedule if one of us is not feeling well or if one of us (or someone in our immediate family) tests positive for COVID-19 or has otherwise been directed to quarantine.