Welcome! I'm Coach Tony...
Helping players maximize their potential is what I do.
My best "client reviews" aren't from CoachUp, they're from local network TV & major newspaper features.
Be sure to click the "FOLLOW ME" SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS for videos, articles, photos and more info.
Be sure to click the ATHLETIC HIGHLIGHTS & SESSION PLAN sections at the top near COACHING EXPERIENCE
Why are you on the CoachUp site? Do you want to get better? Are you fully committed to developing your game?
Do you want the benefit of working with a real coach, with documented experience preparing both individuals and teams? Someone who can give you the advantage to get to the next level because they have actually coached games at the H.S., major college & pro-level?
Skills trainers, CoachUp coaches, and former players are popular choices for many people seeking to improve their game. Even YouTube viral video sensations are attracting people with their fancy eye catching drills. And while these people can be helpful sometimes, none of them have the same base of knowledge, experience and resulting success in developing players for competitive play at the H.S. elite AAU and college level. They are trying to prepare you to be successful for when you get to play at those levels.
And by the way, those skills trainers and former players that you might be considering - The best ones all played for - and learned from - a real coach. So why not just go directly to the source? Take a look at my unique background below...
- I've worked for and been trained to coach by 17 people in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- My experience of coaching at 5 colleges and 4 high schools and the success of my players and teams on and off the court has been well documented.
- I've coached games at Boys & Girls Clubs and in front of 20,000 fans in NBA Arenas on National TV.
- My last coaching job was as an assistant coach for a professional team that represented the USA in International F.I.B.A.
- My experience also includes on-court workouts with NBA All-Stars and frequent visits to top training centers in Chicago, Miami, and
Las Vegas, as well as attendance at NBA Pre-Draft Camps.
- Assistant Coach for three NCAA Division-I teams, including DePaul University with CBS National Coach of the Year, Joey Meyer.
- Assistant Coach at Chicago State University, with Chicago Bulls NBA Champion and 3-time NBA 3-Point Champion, Craig Hodges.
- Assistant Coach at The University of Chicago, home of numerous Nobel
Prize winners, and during my tenure, a future President was a law professor.
- NCAA Rules & Compliance
- High School - Athletic Director
- College - Assistant to the Athletic Director
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION / COUNSELING
The University of Illinois at Chicago
- Upward Bound College Prep Program
- Assistant to The Director
- Admissions Counselor
- SAT/SAT Test Prep
EDUCATOR AND COACHING CERTIFICATIONS
State Teaching Certification
- P.E. / Psychology Grades 6-12 Teacher Certification - Illinois
- P.E. / Psychology Grades 6-12 Teacher Certification - Massachusetts
- Psychology Grades 6-12 Teacher Certification - Florida
- Athletic Coaching - Florida
- ASEP / American Sports Education Program
- USTPA / United States Tennis Professional Tennis Association
- Florida State Board of Education
- Conducted pre-season conditioning for DePaul University and Chicago
- Trained and mentored by two Gold Medal Olympians, Willye White &
Ira Murchison, 100-meter world record holder and 4x100 Olympic gold
medalist for the USA.
HIGH SCHOOL COACHING
- Led boys teams in 2 states to District and Regional Finals.
- Helped girls team reach State Finals and finish as State Runner-Up.