I have over 20 years of coaching experience in track and field, specializing in all of the field events except pole vault. I started as a sprinter/hurdler/horizontal jumper in high school and learned the throwing events in college. I still compete in the throwing events today.
I hold USATF Level I and II Certification, specializing in throws, jumps and combined events. I am an NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and a USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach.
I am presently the director of cross country and track & field at a Division III University. I design, coordinate and implement training for throwers, jumpers and combined event athletes. I also assist with training of sprinters, hurdlers, middle distance and distance runners. In addition to my track duties, I create, implement, and monitor weight training for all track and field and cross country athletes. During my time, athletes have won the following accolades:
• Women’s Javelin – Conference Champion (’08 – ‘11)
• Women’s Discus – Conference Champion and conference record holder (’11)
• Women’s Javelin – NCAA 1st round (’08 – ‘11), National qualifier (’11) – 2nd team All-american
• Women’s Hammer – Regional qualifier (’10 – ‘11)
• Women’s Discus – Regional qualifier (’11)
• Men’s Discus, Men’s Javelin, Women’s Discus, Women’s Javelin, Women’s High Jump (outdoors), Women’s Triple Jump (outdoors), Women’s Pole Vault (indoors & outdoors) – Current School Records
I have previously been an assistant at Ohio University and Lynchburg College. At Ohio University, I designed and implemented training for long and triple jump, discus and javelin and assisted with training of hurdlers, high jumpers, shot putters, and hammer throwers. My athletes achieved the following:
• Men’s Long Jump – Indoor All-American, Conference Champion
• Men’s Long Jump, Women’s Javelin – Regional qualifier
• Men’s Long Jump – Indoor School Record
• Men’s Long Jump, Women’s Javelin – regional qualifier
• Men’s Long Jump - regional champion, conference champion
At Lynchburg, I assisted with the field events, and also helped to get the weight throw and hammer events reinstated in our conference championship meet. Athletes I coached won the following:
• 5 indoor shot put champions - 4 female (1998-2001), 1 male (2000)
• 3 indoor weight champions - 2 female (2002-2003), 1 male (2002)
• 4 outdoor shot put champions - 3 female (1999-2001), 1 male (2000)
• 9 discus champions - 6 female (1998-2003), 3 male (2000, 2002-2003)
• 6 javelin champions - 2 female (2002-2003), 4 male (1998-1999, 2001-2002)
In addition to my collegiate coaching experiences, I also worked as a Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coach with the Chicago Cubs and the Pittsburg Pirates.