Personal Training Background - I am the co-founder of Quick Touch Soccer Development (QTSD©); Columbus, Ohio's premier individual and team soccer training company. Over the past 10 years, I have worked with 1,000+ athletes; ranging from ages 4 to 18+ and experience levels ranging from beginner to collegiate & overseas academy (PSG/Barcelona). Our QTSD© training sessions range from athletes looking for new technical and tactical understanding (needed to begin competitive soccer) to groups of athletes & teams currently competing at the MRL/ECNL level looking for advanced development & collegiate placement. We also currently train club wide programs and teams; ranging from age u8 through u18.
TEAM COACHING - When not training QTSD© Athletes, I currently coach a u19G OSSL State team. They started seven years ago in the MOSSL B Division and we are currently moving up the levels of competition each season. Having team coaching experience is important for a proper trainer; allowing them to learn how to distinguish between "flashy drills" (common in many personal trainers) and exercises that truly relate to the modern game of soccer (allowing for growth and application during games). Eventually, I plan on coaching a team in the ECNL/MRL level of competition but right now my passion & focus is personal athletic development for players in Columbus, Ohio.
One thing I have learned through my coaching journey is that great coaches have to have two qualities; be driven to constantly improve and be able to positively express their passion for the game to their athletes. Having a FIFA or NSCAA License does not guarantee success as a trainer/coach. There are many A license coaches that have proper knowledge but cannot properly reach athletes of multiple ages and different levels of experience. On the flip side, a trainer that refuses to take educational course is limiting their development; hindering their message to their athletes. A coach must be constantly evaluating their style and curriculum of coaching and basing that on the best programs in the world; not just what they know of US Soccer, playing history or professional playing experience.
That being said, I do currently hold the following licensure:
• QTSD© Coaching License (a requirement of all of our coaches at Quick Touch Soccer Development (QTSD©) to ensure consistency of coaching verbiage, curriculum and experience with athletes)
• LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 1 Expert (Spain Course) - Only coach in Ohio (and 1 of 17 nationally) to accomplish
• LaLiga Formation Methodology Level 1 (US Course) - Only coach in Ohio to accomplish
• LaLiga Formation Methodology Level II
• LaLiga Formation Methodology Level III
• United Soccer Coaches - Goalkeeping Diploma (Level 1)
• United Soccer Coaches - Futsal Diploma (Level 1)
• United Soccer Coaches - Urban Soccer Diploma
• FIFA D National License
• FIFA E National License
• FIFA F License
• FIFA Intro to Grassroots Program
• Ohio South Youth Soccer Association YMII
I am also currently receiving my USC National License and Goalkeeping Level 1 Diploma this summer for additional education.
Quick Touch Soccer Development (QTSD©) Coaching Staff:
Coach Oliver Person - QTSD© Technical Development Coach (D National License, D1 Collegiate experience, International youth experience)
Veronica Zaciek - QTSD© Development Coach (Professional, D2 & D3 Collegiate experience)
Contact us for our schedules!