Coach D has competed and coached Track, Speed and Agility for over 35 years, concentrating mainly on sprinting events. He has coached many; nationally ranked youth athletes, World and American masters record holders. He is certified to coach Elite Youth and Adult athletes for National/International/Olympic level competition via USA Track & Field (USATF) and the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).
In recent years, his educational focus has been on Sport Specific Speed Training and Sports/Strength Conditioning Training. He’s trained youths and adults in Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer/Lacrosse, Gymnastic (vaults and floor), Tennis, Volleyball, Skeleton, Cross-country and of course Track & Field.
Coaching Background Sprints/Hurdles, Speed, and Agility Training:
• IAAF Level 5 Academy Sprints/Hurdles (Elite Coach): US Olympic Training Center training certification (2012)
“This is the equivalent to having your PhD in Track and Field!”
This is the same certification as Usain Bolt’s Coach.
• ISSA Sports Strength Conditioning Trainer: certification (2013)
• USATF Level 3 (Sprints/Hurdles/Relays) Coach: certification (2012)
• IAAF Level 2 (Youth Specialization/Talent Identification): certification (2010)
• USATF Level 2 (Youth Coach) certification (2010)
• USATF Level 2 (Sprints/Hurdles/Relays) Track Coach certification (2009)
• USATF Level 3 (Endurance) Coach: certification (2013)
• USATF Coaching Education Instructor Training program (Level 1 ITC): CSUEB certification (07/2013)
Via USA Track & Field certified to teach USATF Level 1 schools for the following subjects:
Sports Science segment: Biomechanics, Bio-motor Training for the Speed and Power Events, Physiology, Philosophy, Ethics, Risk Management, Psychology, and Training Theory
Event Training segment: Sprints Events, Hurdle Events, Relay Events, Jumping Events, Throwing Events, Endurance Events, and Race walking
• Director of USA Track & Field Level 1 School for coaches: Where we coach the coaches! (2010- present)
• USATF-Southern California Association: Coaches Education Chair (2013)
• Co-writer with several leading health and fitness experts the fitness book: “The Definitive Guide to Youth Athletic Strength, Conditioning and Performance” Amazon.com best-seller lists (2012).
• USA Track & Field Win with Integrity Program: Spokesperson/Coaches perspective (2011-present)
An outreach program that was aimed at educating youth, parents, educators, and coaches stressing the importance of active, drug-free lifestyles and good decision-making.
• Masters Track Athlete 60m to 800m sprints: I’ve also competed in various National and World events for the USA Masters Track and Field Teams both Indoor and Outdoor.
World Masters track athlete best performances:
• 400m: 8th in the world
• 200m: 7th in the world
• 100m: 4th in the world