Workout sessions are high intensity and are catered specifically to each athlete and their age, size, skill set, etc. .
No matter what your skill level is I will develop a training plan that addresses your needs and gets you on a path of improvement.
Sample Session Lesson Plan:
Lunge & Twist
•Cone Jump Plyometric Drill
• ISU Shuffle Plyometric: Forward, Backward, Combo W/Switch
• Defensive stance and slide- Player gets in proper defensive stance. Player then drop steps and slides up floor. Coach yells drop step and player drop steps, changes direction, and continues up floor.
• Front/Back & Side/Side Warmup Dribble- Player starts low with knees bent and back straight. Player first takes a ball in each hand and dribbles balls in and in n out motion back and forth. For part 2 the player switches and goes in an in n out motion side to side.
• Change of Direction Cone Dribble- Place cones in straight line down court a few feet apart. Player crosses between each cone staying low the whole time, w/eyes up, knees bent, and back straight.
• 4pt. Dribble- Player starts at baseline. Pt.1 Dribble stationery 5x w/right hand. Then speed dribbles R/hand to half-court and backwards back to baseline. Pt.2-L/Hand, pt.3- crossover
• Double Dribble Combo-
o PT.1- Player starts in stationery position. He takes two hard dribbles and crosses over. Repeat 5x R/L hand.
o PT.2-Two hard dribbles and behind back then back again to original hand. 5x R/L Hand.
o PT.3- Two hard dribbles between legs and back. 5x Repeat R/L hand.
• Cross, Between, Behind- Player crosses over, goes between legs, and then behind back. Complete1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, and then back again 4x, 3x, 2x, 1x
• 3 Cone Speed Dribble- Place three cones around TOK. Player starts at an outside cone and speed dribbles to the opposite cone. Player then reverse pivots switches hands and speed dribbles back to the opposite cone. Repeat continuously for 30 sec-1 min.
• Jab Step Drill-
o PT.1: Player starts in triple threat position, does hard jab step, crosses over and attacks the hoop hard for a layup.
o PT.2: Player starts in triple threat position, does hard jab step, crosses over and takes one hard dribble for a pull up jumper.
o PT.3: Player starts in triple threat position, does hard jab step, head fakes, crosses over, drives hard to the hoop for a layup.
o PT.4- Player starts in triple threat position, does hard jab step, head fakes, crosses over, and takes one hard dribble for a pull up jumper.
o PT.5: Player starts in triple threat position, does hard jab step, dribble step back for jump shot.
• Mikan Drill
• Corner to Corner Layups- Player starts in corner at 3-point line. Player sprints baseline catching pass and finishing with a layup off of the glass. Player continues running through to the opposite sideline turns and runs back finishing strong with another layup. Repeat 60sec. You may also go reverse to increase difficulty for advanced players.
• Speed Layups - Player starts under hoop and speed dribbles out to TOK. Player then turns around and drives lane finishing hard at hoop for a layup. Repeat on both sides of the hoop. 30 seconds on/off x3.
• KD Warmup Drill- Player starts at box and runs to cone on wing and reverse pivots. Player then catches pass and shoots. Repeat 5-10x. Pt.2: Player reverse pivots, sweeps ball through below knees and drives to the hoop for a layup repeat 5-10x. Pt.3- Player reverse pivots, sweeps through below knees, and takes one hard dribble into a jump shot. Repeat 5-10x.
• Triple Threat/Shot Fake/Layup- Player catches ball in triple threat, does an aggressive shot fake, and then puts ball on floor and drives hard to the hoop finishing strong with a layup
• Half Court Ball Spin/Jumper Drill- Player starts at half court and spins ball to cone around 3-point line. Player grabs the ball and shoots a jumper. If player misses they gather ball and go up strong for a layup. After a made jumper or layup player then goes dribbles back to half court performing a crossover at the cone. Repeat for 2 minutes.
• Around The World Jump Shots- Player shoots from 5 different spots around 3-point line or closer. Player then goes back around the word shooting again.