A client should expect to be ready to have fun, learn, and work hard. Additionally, a client should expect me to bring energy, passion, valuable life lessons, and baseball knowledge to the session. Baseball is a sport that cannot be taught in one day and the primary focus is to focus on the process of developing skills rather than solely focusing on the end result.
Each session will be personalized towards the client's skill. Clients are provided a pamphlet which includes techniques, philosophies, and baseball information used by Division 1 Top 25 colleges. Additionally, video analysis and Blast Motion is used to help players analyze their hitting strengths and weaknesses. Personal evaluation of skills and parental communication facilitate what areas will be worked on. Skill specific drills are utilized to improve a client's athleticism, technique, and knowledge of baseball's always-changing situations. Learning the proper techniques at a young age help a client prosper on the field and contribute positively to the team's success.
Below is an example of lesson plan for a client who wants to focus on hitting and defense. If a client prefers to focus on a specific aspect of the game, extra time will be allocated towards it.
- Catch (5 minutes)
A) Explanation of throwing, deflecting, and reacting to the ball
B) Quick Catch
- Skill Drills (10 minutes)
A) Transfer/ Soft Hands Drill
B) Short Hops (Forehand, Backhand, Straight-up)
- Fielding (15 minutes)
A) Explanation of footwork when fielding
B) Dead ball drills replicating live ground balls
C) Live ground balls with throws into net
D) Situational Scenarios- Knowing when to attack or sit back on the ball
E) Double plays
- Hitting (25 minutes)
A) Tee work with explanation of lacking mechanics
B) Front toss
C) Live pitching/machine work
My Core Coaching Philosophies:
1. We will give 100% and hustle in every baseball activity.
2. We will be model citizens on and off the field.
3. We will control the “controllables”.
4. The team comes first. Personal awards are a bonus.
5. The process is far more important than the end result.
6. We will be accountable for our actions.
7. Win or lose, we will be the best teammates to one another.
8. We embrace challenges rather than running from them.
9. We respect the game and will play it the right way.
10. We will find a way to succeed rather than making an excuse.