I am a certified personal trainer, with secondary certifications through Cooper Aerobics center; Bio mechanic of resistance training, bands, balls and more, etc. I work mostly with endurance athletes, but I will make you fit!
Coaching certification director for a team
Head Coach of a Racing team since 2004
John Howard Performance Training-Coach 2003
Cooper Aerobics Research Center-Bio mechanics of resistance & strength training 2003
Triathlon coaching certification by Dave Scott 1999
Member Team in Training National Board for Triathlon Coaching Development 1999
Head Coach Team in Training North Texas Chapter 1998-2011
Cooper Aerobics Research Center-Indoor cycling certification instructor 1998
Marathon coaching certification by Dr. Jack Daniels 1998
Cooper Aerobics Research Center-Professional Fitness Specialist 1997 (personal trainer)
Reebok & Cooper spin instructor training 1995 & 1998 (Spin instructor since 1995)
Trinity Fitness Seminars- Sally Edwards Heart Personal training/Heart Aerobics training 1994
Brookhaven Community College-General studies 1994 (3.86 GPA)
Tulsa Central high school 1979- graduated
• Participated in one of the first heart rate training certifications ever by the guru of heart rate training, Sally Edwards. This was cutting edge and the onset of science in sport.
• Created the Team in Training triathlon program with Dave Scott in 1998-1999. This was a great education for me that money cannot buy. The magnitude of the number of athletes this program governs is unmatched by any other endurance training program in the world.
• Formation of the Triple Threat Tough Racing Company, a company the provides group workouts, individual coaching, and camps for USAT members.
• Grown to employ 6 USAT Level I coaches as of 2011
• 180 plus athletes in each of the last 3 years
• 2nd place in the 2012 USA Triathlon National Championships, Div II
• Ironman/Ultra distance race winners and Kona qualifiers
• Coached over 2,000 triathletes in Team in Training program from 1998 to 2011
• Use science to coach athletes. Started testing athletes in 2000 with Vo2 (expired air) and blood lactate testing; have conducted well over 1,000 individual tests since that time.
• Mentor program with Justin Trolle and Vanguard Endurance. Has provided advanced training strategies for advanced athletes and specific goals.