Great first session! Encouraging & effective use of time. "Mom, that was really good, we got a lot of things in for just one hour!" (direct quote by my 16-year old while in the car driving back home)
My 11-year-old son loves working with Coach Dan. By helping him master basketball fundamentals, Coach Dan helps my son increase his confidence (and fun) in his youth leagues. Highly recommended.
Coach Dan is awesome. My 8 year old son said he really enjoyed his practice tonight and is now very motivated after one class !
My son immediately bonded with Coach Dan. In my 12 year old's words: "Dan is fun, works me hard, explains things well and he's great!" I feel so lucky to have found such a great coach who brings so much to the table. He present great drills, quickly understood my son, had a fabulous attitude and fully engaged for the entire session.
I think you already know but I'll say it anyway, Harrison and I appreciate the thought and care you put into the workouts. It is clearly evident that you "CARE". We have worked with many coaches and I must say, you are at the very top of the list. It is no doubt that due to the work you have done with Harrison, that he is the player he is today and the player he will become. He is motivated to make a LEAP this summer and is eager to show you the hard work he is putting in each day, on and off the court. Keep up the great work!!!
1. You exude enthusiasm and a love of basketball, which is inspiring to John and is a wonderful way for a coach to appear to his players.
2. You give instructions loudly and clearly which is important when coaching. Many might consider this a small point, but I think it is a significant one. I think kids respond best to very clear instructions. You also demonstrate what the player is to do – “ . . . step forward with your left foot, look inside, keep the ball up . . . “ all of these particulars are key to a child’s understanding what to do.
3. I think you are able to discern your players’ capabilities and I think you expect your players to strive to perform at their highest level. I do not think you expect players to be expert (or even good) players, but I think you expect players to put forth their best effort, which is the standard that should be expected of players. I think this aspect will help players in areas outside sports as they will learn to always put forth their best work.
4. You run fundamental skill building drills, which is excellent training for the players. I suspect that many players want to “play” more than they want to perform drills, but you run the drills in a way that is fun, challenging and provides an excellent workout. I also think you expect yourself to be able to perform anything that you ask your players to perform, and that results in strong leadership from you. You are in good physical shape which is another good example that you set.
5. You are quick to praise good performance, which of course is encouraging to players – everyone loves to be complimented. You are also clear but mild in your criticism, which helps the player realize that you are trying to assist them.
6. I think you size up your players individually and that you coach to their needs. This individualized focus is a huge benefit for the player.
7. I think you take the lessons seriously. You come prepared to coach, you know what you worked on last week, you know what you want to work on this week, and you are on time.
Training with Danny Ourian was a game-changing experience. His close attention to detail helped me improve my jump shot and his constant positive energy made me a more confident player. He's not afraid to try new drills and he's always studying the game, looking for improved methods of training. I loved training with Dany Hoops and I can't wait for our next sessions together!
A gift to the game of basketball.
Danny can coach basketball to anyone at any level. Kids love him. His knowledge of the game (in addition to being a great player) is top notch. More importantly, he has excellent coaching credentials & has a wonderful way with kids/players of all levels.